Monday, April 9, 2007

What I did with my holiday Monday...

Happy Easter everyone! I hope everyone had a safe and happy long weekend, and that the Easter bunny was good to all! I spent a good deal of my weekend with family... eating. I'm not complaining - it was awesome. I think I just need to have a break from rich food for a while. But not from chocolate, that doesn't count. :-)

I spent my holiday Monday at an amusement park of sorts... Costco! Why was I there? Well, I'd always been a little resistant to the idea of buying more toilet paper than one person can reasonably use and becoming swamped in a small house with insufficient storage. Then my friend Elli told be about the incredible price they have for lactase enzyme pills. Probably the most annoying part of lactose intolerance, outside of the physical symptoms, is the price of the lactaid pills. I do try to avoid milk products, but I'm not prepared to give up cheese and ice cream entirely when there are pills that aid with the digestion. Okay... I'm rambling... Bottom line: $18.99 for 60 pills at the local drugstore, $18.99 for 120 of the exact same pills at Costco. So, even with the $55 membership, 3 bottles of pills, and it's paid for itself!

The place is just nutty. So much stuff! And it's so random: bathing suits next to chocolate bars with a short walk to desk chairs and if you hang a left before the chairs you've reached the organic salad. It's brilliant! I think my membership was worth it just for the amusing time I had poking around looking at everything!

So, now I'm home, with a $55 membership and 36 jumbo rolls of toilet paper, 180 laundry loads of detergent and fabric softener, 3 cucumbers, 6 sweet peppers, a whole big bunch of grape tomatoes and organic salad greens, 24 bags of SmartPop popcorn, 24 mini packs of Munch'em snacks, 2 bottles of Jergens Natural Glow moisturizer (I had to get something fun on my first visit!) and three 120-pill bottles of lactase enzyme. (They were on sale! $4.00 off!) :-D

No comments: