Friday, March 23, 2007

Call me!

Oh wait... you can't... I DON'T HAVE A PHONE!

Now, you'd think that in the 21st century I'd be up with telecommunications... but nope. I don't have a phone.

Not because I don't WANT one mind you. I want one very much! I have picked out a shiny new model that has all kinds of neat stuff: a big phonebook, an alarm, cool ring tones, a camera, bluetooth... it is just in the mail. And has been in the mail for a week. And to keep my phone number in accordance with the new "number portability" rule, the phone company has processed that already. So... in short... they cancelled my account before I got the new phone for the new account.

Nice.

I've gone through the anger phase, and now I'm trying to adopt a zen-like acceptance of the situation. It's like having five days of extreme quiet and isolation. Like a retreat... (one I didn't knowingly sign up for, but a retreat all the same) :-)

(And, I do have my Dad's cell phone so I can call 911 if (heaven forbid) I need to. I'm sure in the Fatherhood job description ensuring the safety of the offspring is a mandatory task, but I'm sure glad my Dad meets or exceeds his duties! My Dad is the best :-D )

No comments: